Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Time for a Change



Hamburger Helper, boxed Macaroni and Cheese, Jar of spaghetti sauce, boxed potato and rice sides, can soups.  These were regulars on our grocery list for a long time.  The kids started coming along and these things made it easy to get a meal on the table.  Then there were the nights I was either lazy or just didn't have time to cook, so off through the drive-thru we would go.  I'm not saying we are totally past this, because we aren't, but I'm choosing to make changes in what I feed my family.  When I was introduced to Wildtree, I was going through some health problems.  My husband too.  Then I looked at my kids.  I realized I'm the one that controls what is available to them to put in their mouths.  I need to teach them to eat better now, so they don't struggle with the health issues hubby and I are.  God is really dealing with me on this.  I've not made all the changes that need to be done, but we are taking steps in the right direction. 

Me and the family



Wildtree has helped me do this.  I signed up to be a rep mainly to get the discount on the wonderful products.  Now instead of a box of Hamburger Helper, I can pull out a Skillet Meal.  I add my own meat and pasta and we have dinner!  I can take out chicken and choose from a number of seasoning or sauces to marinade it with, then throw it on the grill or in the oven.  It takes just as much time as the unhealthy options I was choosing. 

I did not sign up with Wildtree to "make a living".  I signed up to make life healthier for my family.  I'm sharing it with friends and family because I really believe in the products

This post is not about me "selling" Wildtree.  Its about sharing what I've come to realize about choosing wisely what I feed my family.  I hope sharing this will help others think about what they are feeding their families and choose healthier options, Wildtree or not! 

My precious children


Each day is a new day.  I may mess up, but as long as I keep moving forward and allow the Good Lord to teach me something new everyday then I'm succeeding.  We are not eating 100% where we should, but we are so much closer than we were a year ago!  

No comments:

Post a Comment