Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Italian Herb Crusted Pork Chops

Tonight I decided to put together a few Freezer Meals.  I put together three total.  Two of them went straight to the freezer and the other we cooked for supper tonight.  It was delicious!  The kids even loved it!  I thought I'd share it with all of you!


Ingredients:


     8 pork chops, thin sliced, boneless (about 2lbs)
     1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
     2 Tbsp Wildtree Hearty Spaghetti Seasoning
     1/2 cup oil (I would have used WT Grapeseed Oil, but I'm out!!)
     1/2 tsp salt
     1/2 tsp pepper



Combine all ingredients in freezer bag, seal and shake bag to combine well and coat chops as much as possible.  Freeze.



To cook:  Thaw completely.  Remove chops (trying to keep as much of the crumb mixture on the chops as possible) and place on a broiling pan.  There will be some crumb mixture left in bag.  Take this and gently press onto the pork chops.  Broil on high for 2 minutes on one side.  Lower oven temp to 350, turn chops over and bake for 15-20 minutes or until meat is cooked thoroughly (cooking time will vary slightly depending upon the thickness of your chops). 



This is a definite "kid-friendly" meal!!!  My four all loved it and wanted seconds!!  You can even slice these in strips (like chicken fingers) and eat them with your fingers!!

These will definitely be a repeat in our house!  Next time the chops are B1G1 free at Winn Dixie, we will be putting more of these in the freezer.  I love being able to go pull out a freezer meal in the morning or the night before, thawing it in the fridge and having something delicious to cook. 

 BONUS:  Wildtree makes it healthy too!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I am new to Wildtree, Ive been to one party and then I just signed up. Trying new recipes and I have a big bag of Sams Club pork chops, going to do this today. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete